2016-17 Meeting Minutes
The school council provides a service ministry of advisement and support to the pastor and administration of a parish school. The school council is a group of persons having expertise and interest in school related matters such as the development of a long range plan for the school, the recommendation of school policies in accord with diocesan policy, and formulation of a development plan to ensure long range funding of school improvement plans.
Duties of the school council do not include involvement with individual staff members or taking action(s) with respect to personnel issues or issues regarding individual students.
The responsibilities and tasks of the school advisory council are to:
- Witness to the educational mission of the school;
- Know and understand the purpose of the school in the parish;
- Review and provide feedback on school policies and the School Improvement Plan, at the request of the school administration;
- Serve as a neutral forum for parents and administrators to voice concerns, present new ideas and resolve differences with trust, confidence, and fairness;
- Designate school council members to serve on the executive committee;
- Recognize evangelization as a primary role of the council, students, faculty, and administration through living our faith in the parish and larger community;
- Aid in the recruitment of personnel for the school when requested by school administration;
- Conduct open meetings with the exception of those meetings designated as executive session;
- Conduct research as requested by the school administration