Emotional and Spiritual Care:
- Grief Share – This is a ministry to the bereaved so that those who grieve a loss through death may experience the healing comfort of God through their faith community. GriefShare meets the first and third Wednesday of each month, from 7:00 to 8:30 PM in the Merciful H.E.L.P. Center Waiting Room. This group is open at all times to newcomers. Everyone that comes to us is at various stages of grief.
- Please complete this Registration Form and return to Jayne Slayton at the Merciful HELP Center or email the form to
- Questions? Contact Jim Buzzelli at 317-844-3736 or for more information.
- Pathways to Healing from Divorce - A caring group of people worked to create a program focusing on Catholic’s healing after divorce. This nine week program, held at Guerin Catholic High School) helps divorced Catholics navigate through life issues relating to their life, faith and family. Proclaimed Catholic author Rose Sweet gives us insight on the subject of divorce saying "Everything we seek from others should remind us that at the root of each desire is really the heart's longing for God. We keep spinning our wheels to get others to love us, but He alone can satisfy." We use the “Catholic Divorce Survival Guide” and the DVD series. This series is sacra mentally based and focuses on healing in God’s love, giving up anger, resentment, frustration and grudges and moving toward an open heart, full of love and forgiveness and spiritual fulfillment.
- These support sessions are scheduled every fall and spring. Click on this Registration Form for the Fall 2016 Session. (There is a small fee for the session materials that can be waived if you are experiencing financial difficulties.) Email Jayne Slaton at for any questions.
- Stephen Ministry -
Stephen Ministry provides one-to-one Christian care to hurting people in and around our congregation. Stephen Ministers are trained for 50 hours in all areas of Pastoral Care such as listening, crisis theory and practice, depression, grief, feelings, assertiveness, boundaries and much, much more. If you feel you need more support than family can provide or perhaps your family feels you should get ‘past” an event that you are still processing and attempting to heal from, then a Stephen Minister may be perfect for you! Stephen Ministers are process-oriented, extremely confidential, caring and trustworthy people who will walk alongside you as long as necessary, providing the emotional and spiritual care you need. If you would like to find out more about Stephen Ministry or would like to be considered as a candidate to become a Stephen Minister, please contact Jayne Slaton at
- Miscarriage and Infant Loss Support – Miscarriage and infant loss can be devastating. We as Catholic’s treasure life, and loss at any stage of pregnancy is difficult. We want to support you in your sorrow. This is one on one support. Please email Amy Stutey at if this support can be of help to you.
- Abortion Counseling – This support is one on one support for Catholic’s that have experienced abortion. Abortion leaves wounds that do not heal. We care, and want to be here for you. Please call 317-753-2243 to gain this important support.
- Sunshine – A letter in the mail, letting you know someone cares can be a bit of sunshine in day, right when it’s most needed! We send letters of support to anyone experiencing a long term illness, for those caring for another, incarceration, grief and more. If you would like to write letters, or you would like to receive sunshine, please email
- Transitions: Divorce Support for Children -
This is a therapy group for children ages 6-17 and their parents. The children’s group will cover topics such as the changes that come with divorce, managing emotions, and improving communication with family members through the use of creative activities. The parent group will educate parents on how they can help their children navigate these changes and express themselves in healthy ways.
- This group is six weeks long, every Tuesday from 6 – 7:30 p.m. beginning on 9/20/2016 and ending on 10/25/16 at OLMC School – 14596 Oak Ridge Rd. Carmel, IN 46032. Meals will be served from 6-6:30pm, program 6:30 to 7:30. Babysitting available.
- To register, please fill out this Transitions Registration Form and return to Jayne Slayton at the Merciful HELP Center or email the form to .